Thank you for your patience for the long-awaited She Devil Trekker’s Larapinta trail detailed post!
Please note that She Devil Trekkers is not a business, we are a group of females promoting rewilding by hiking some of the amazing trails Australia has to offer. We are organising these trips ourselves to help keep costs manageable for all that attend.
Particular mention should be given to Janet Archibald, founder of the She Devil Trekkers. She continues to inspire those in the group to be happier, motivated and stronger women.
The brief trip plan is as follows:
The Larapinta trail hike will take 18 days plus another 2 days for arrival – the day before, and departure the day after (in total 20 days).
The date breakdown; August 7th – 26th
- 7th August – Arrival and stay at the YHA (Accommodation details below)
- Food drop tubs will be dropped off by the local transport company. We will be packing our food for the hike that night.
- The experienced members of the group will go through each person’s pack to help shakedown gear that may not be required. We must keep weight at 18kg or less!
- 8th August – Hike begins (the Itinerary for the hike itself is below)
- Transport to Section 1 – is still being given consideration– it’s an hour to hike from the YHA to the 1st section, I will need to check what transport is available for such as short trip ( 20 minutes’ drive but for 10 passengers plus their packs).
- Food drop camp sites – Standley, Ellery Creek and Ormiston
- 25th August – Hike ends
- Transport company will pick us up at Redrock Gorge, as well as our tubs on the way back to Alice Springs.
- 26th August – Departure, most people to depart on this date. (Accommodation details below)
- If you want to stay an extra night to explore Alice Springs a bit longer it will need to be organised by you.
Annual Leave – for those that want to know how many annual leave days they need to take – based on the dates it’s approximately 14 Business days.
- Message your Expression of Interest through She Devil Trekkers Contact page
- You must pay $200 initial non-refundable deposit by 28th of March (UPDATED). This payment will be made to Jay once your expression of interest has been received. This commits you to attending the trip and allows Jay to begin making books for the trip. This includes the food drops (not food), transfer to and from Alice Springs from the trail, campsite costs, and other costs related to the hike itself. It does not include flights.
- Any additional costs and details will be discussed with everyone in a closed Facebook group. This will also allow us to discuss training, pack preparation, and any other questions for the trip.
- As per the name She Devil Trekkers – we are looking for female and those that identify as female. We aim to be an autonomous and welcoming space for women and gender diverse people who are outdoor enthusiast and ask all to please be supportive of this.
- We will have first aid trained participants and hired Personal Locator Beacons.
The She Devil Trekkers are a group that supports Beyond Blue, White Ribbon and the Black Dog Institute. For those that have their own struggles or believe that participating with a group of like-minded individuals to support you on the hike sounds like an amazing experience, come join the She Devil trekkers, for adventure and fun!